Sunday, September 12, 2004

Recommended Music

I own all the albums listed below. I own many others too but these I still listen to.

The Beatles
The idea is, that you buy all their albums. Begin with this one:

Rubber Soul


Pink Floyd
Make sure that you listen to the whole album in one go. No picking and choosing songs. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Dark Side of The Moon


Wish You Were Here



U2
Consistently strong lyrics, Bono's great vocals and Edge's unique guitars on everything except their last album, All That You Can't Leave Behind, which was below par.


Joshua Tree


Rattle And Hum


Achtung Baby


Nirvana
This is one spooky live album. Again, you have to listen to the whole album as one.

MTV Unplugged in New York


Air
Air picked up where Pink Floyd left us. Music to make love by. Moon Safari's an instant masterpiece, Talkie Walkie is a only average.

Moon Safari


Talkie Walkie


Zero 7
The perfect complement to Moon Safari.

Simple Things


Thievery Corporation
More wholesome electronic jazz.

Mirror Conspiracy


Lemon Jelly

lemonjelly.ky


Lost Horizons


Daft Punk

Discovery


Soundtracks / Various artists

Trainspotting

2 comments:

i-me-moi said...

I find it quite nice how you take it upon yourself to educate the world on the nice things you have known. To people like me who have seen/heard/experienced a mere fraction of what you list, it seems like you are talking directly to them, even offering directions on the best route to take through the beautiful journey. Gracias Senor. I be indebted to ya.

Katie said...

I suck as a Beatles fan...I don't own Rubber Soul. Burn me a copy???